Snapchat users can now capture and share those moments using live video. Whether you are cooking your favorite food or visiting your favorite place, share your experience in real time. Live video has now become social media’s favorite kid.
According to Mary Meeker’s Internet trends Report of 2016, the video viewership is exploding, with Snapchat users and Facebook Live showing the way.
“We’re entering the new golden age of videos online,” Mark Zuckerberg said while announcing Facebook’s major update to its streaming service app to give the live video more prominence.
It has inked contracts with over 140 media companies and celebs to create videos for its live streaming service.
Twitter acquired Magic Pony Technologies to enhance the video and picture quality which shows how important video is for them.
Tumblr recently launched live video by integrating with existing live video solutions – YouTube, YouNow, Kanvas & Upclose. With the multi-platform support, Tumblr aims to score deals with partners like Mashable, Huffington Post etc.
As three-fourths of the world’s mobile traffic will be video by 2020, nobody wants to stay behind in the race for online video with Snapchat users fully engaged.
Here is a list of Apps which let you live stream video
- Facebook Live – You can share live feed with your friends, interact with them in real time and see the reactions to know how your broadcast is going.
- Periscope – The Live streaming app on Twitter will notify your followers when you live and the broadcast is available for replay up to 24 hours.
- Meerkat – Just press ‘stream’ to broadcast a live video. Other users get push notifications to view and comment on your live stream. You can save the streams to the Meerkat Library.
- Stamp – Watch thousands of entertaining shows, chat with your favorite broadcasters or go live using special effects and overlays.
- YouNow – Discover talented broadcasters, watch live streams. You can now post live videos on Tumblr with YouNow.
- Livestream – Broadcast HD videos from mobile or tablet. It supports Go Pro Hero Cameras, so you can broadcast your next sky-diving adventure.
- UStream – Track your audience, gain insights and capture leads. Its partners include Panasonic, Samsung, Logitech, CBS News, and Viacom.
- Tarsii – Lets you live stream video to your Twitter followers and also saves your video to the cloud for later viewing.
- McDonald’s tested the live video on Facebook Live. In honor of National Hamburger Day, McDonald’s did an hour-long Facebook Live broadcast. The video without any paid efforts reached 884,300 people in 40 minutes with were 43,200 engagements.
- Apparel & accessories designer Kate Spade took to live to stream by airing the New York Fashion Week runway show on Facebook Live. It gave fans the front row experience at this season’s fashion show.
- Birchbox, the beauty brand took to live video to interact with their audience. They took to live stream to do a live Q&A and educate their audience about new products. The live stream lasted for 40 minutes with nearly 50,000 live viewers and an average view time of 10 minutes.
Discover How Snapchat Users Are Growing Their Following in These Easy Ways
1. Answer questions & get content ideas
The most important part of going live is that people can ask you questions. It’s the live Q&A which creates a sense of participation.
It will also help you get awesome ideas for content, based on what your viewer’s questions.
2. Instant Level of Engagement
From ramp shows to a product launch, the live feature can add an instant level of engagement and bring everyone into the conversation.
3. Creating a Powerful & Authentic Experience
Live streaming is a powerful way to foster faith in your audience. The live experience creates a closer connection than written or verbal communication.
4. Get Creative
Interacting with your viewers enables you to test new ideas and see whether you’re heading in the right direction. Go on and get creative!
- What is the aim of live streaming? Know what to deliver to your audience in a timely manner.
- Adding value, answering questions which give a unique view or benefits the viewers.
- Notifying when you live will help people join the stream, participate and re-play the stream.
- Structure storytelling to let people know what you want to convey and can convey it effectively.
- Do not stream something which endangers the law. The Social Networks are working to keep a check on the content which promotes violence and treat takedown requests by law enforcement with the highest urgency.
The Snapchat web is a popular social platform wherein you can grow your business with ease. However, you need ample followers who can help you grow your business. With only limited features being discovered by some users, it is essential to know these simple ways of attracting new followers on Snapchat.
- Your address book is the great place to start with Snapchat. It is one of the easiest ways to add followers to Snapchat and to be discovered in return. Go on the Snapchat Home screen and tap on the Add Friends after tapping on the ghost icon. Snapchat crawls your address book to check whether the contacts are associated with an account. If they are, the contacts are added as fellow Snap chatters. If you have a customer database, segment these contacts by phone numbers and import them into the address book via your Android or iPhone.
- Another great way of increasing your Snapchat followers is to use email marketing. Email marketing still works wonders for businesses. Segment your customers by date of birth, age, location or last date of purchase and send them targeted email blast sharing your Snapchat code and asking them to add you. You can even add the Snapchat logo beside other social platform logos like Facebook and Twitter with a link to personalized URL.
- Your business must be having a professional website. Adding your Snapcode on the website where visitors can easily scan it is a great idea to grow your business. You can even add the Snapchat id logo beside other social networking website logos such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook where visitors can easily check it out.
- Your business cards are a great way to reach the larger audience. If you are into sales and frequently use business cards, adding your Snapchat code to your business card lets you send a subtle signal to your customers that you want to engage with them on Snapchat video. This also gives you an upper hand to other sales reps.
- A brick and mortar business store can also help you grow a business by adding your Snapcode right on the store itself. Adding it next to decals of ‘We accept cards will attract attention. You can print the Snapchat code using a tool such as Sticker Mule.
- Service like SocialOomph can be used to run an auto-DM campaign wherein an auto direct message is sent to Twitter followers with a link to Snapchat URL as well as a call to action to add.
- Social Media Channels can be used to cross-promote. Pick any one day out of the week and go all black on all platforms. Post only your Snap code on other social media platforms that urge a call to action. This lets your visitors and customers pay attention to your Snapchat account.
- Your top influential customers can help you grow your business. Identify your business fans by using social listening tools and encourage them to post content about your brand by offering them free products in exchange.
- Industry bloggers and influencers can play a successful part in mapping your business. They can spread a word about your business and drive in more followers. Doing a Google search for specific keywords can help you identify key industry influencers.
- Targeted Facebook ads can help you grow your business too. With deep ad-targeting capabilities, Facebook can be used for ad optimization and engagement. This will add to your clicks, likes, and comments.
- Snapchat recently introduced the Suggest button wherein one can regularly ask their followers to suggest their account to others.
These simple ways can help you grow your business using the platform and connecting with Snapchat users.